SEGA oh! October 17, 2010Posted by Phil Jeudy in Gaming.
Tags: Advertising and Marketing, gaming, Sega, Video Games
add a comment
I found today some advertising supposed to have been formerly done years ago, but could not be released now.
SEGA has too ads amongst 27 others. Mainly machist, mysiginist stuffs.
I’ve been working for almost 3 years at SEGA in Europe and I know by experience how hard is the process validation for any marketing stuffs. Once approved by EMEA HQ for example, it has to be validated anyway by Studios owning the game license in any case (as the owner of the brand).
I’ve seen many creative project never published… What about those ones ?
I’m really wondering if they’re not the result of some Adobe workshop… but makes you understand why you have to care about your brand on Internet, who knows what can appear on Internet in 20 years. Makes you understand that even on gaming, the “mauvais gout” may not be allowed.
You can find a worst one here.
Sort of conclusion , in French : “SEGA, c’est plus fort que toi. La connerie aussi parfois’.
Tags: europe, mobile game, mobile gaming, Sega
add a comment
Not the more successful, but such a great brand to promote all over Europe!
Sonic downloads on mobile phones reach 8 Mio! May 31, 2008Posted by Phil Jeudy in Gaming.
Tags: Games, Kids and Teens, Platform, Sega, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog Games, Video Games
1 comment so far
“Sega has now sold over 8 million units of Sonic the Hedgehog on mobile in Europe and the US” says ME.
For many reasons:
– SEGA is known by everybody, eveywhere
– The brand is considered very positively… I always got smiles from people I met during more than 2 years
– The same for Sonic: well known and loved by young and older!
– Game concept: many of SEGA games are adapted to mobile handsets… Like Sonic, ChuChuRockets, Alex Kid and many others… Sometimes you just need one thumb and that’s it! Don’t ask for more to someone who wanna play 5 minutes on his phone.
– SEGA has developed in Japan a HUDGE business, with a river of games… Once well co-ordinated, in Europe for sure and in America, SEGA could be one of the unique competitor face to EA, which has to me the biggest potential to be the n°1 without any discussion, as well as on PC and console.
- Sonic the Hedgehog mobile surpasses 8 million downloads [via Zemanta]
Bonuses: other pics on FlickR stream (WordPress once again is still @#,!^$…)