Tags: gaming, job, roblox
add a comment
The online 3D building game ROBLOX has an opening for a Director of
Customer Service and Moderation. This individual will lead the
expansion of both these organizations, which will include developing
best practices, reporting and tools, adding technology infrastructure
and enhancing team structures for scaling. We currently have roughly
10 customer service representatives and 20 moderators.
Maintain standards of excellence in customer care and safety for the
global customer base of ROBLOX.
Performance metrics will include:
Response time to critical threats
Speed into new markets (defined by languages)
Develop processes for growing global customer service and moderation
systems while maintaining quality and safety. Systems must handle:
Website and game safety
Emails to support
Calls to support
Tweets about problems
Maintain COPPA Compliance
Recommend and spearhead deployment of new or upgraded tools/applications
Manage growth of customer service and moderation teams into
Ideal candidate must be passionate about customer satisfaction.
Must have previous experience managing CS/Mod organization scaling
from 10 to 100+.
Self-starter that can execute on projects from start to finish with
Must be excellent communicator and highly detail oriented.
Previous experience with moderation processes and teams management,
game companies or family oriented companies is a big plus.
ROBLOX.com is one of the top ranked and fastest growing gaming sites
on the internet with over 5 million unique monthly users. We are
looking to scale this to 10x in the next 36 months. We are a unique,
innovative and exciting four year old company with fantastic revenues,
a cohesive work environment and a fantastic team of very smart people.
We are about to enter into an explosive growth period and this is a
great time to come on board.
Let me know if you’re interested, I’ll give you the contact detail…
ROBLOX is located in San Mateo, Ca.
Tags: android, developers, ios, IPhone, job, mobile, zynga
add a comment
Zynga is looking for strong software engineers to join our growing Mobile team! You will be responsible for owning the development and architecture of both our up-and-coming as well as existing current hits. Are you ready to put your ideas into games that will be played instantly by millions?
We make social games that are free and accessible for everyone to play!
The best candidates will have solid experience developing mobile applications utilizing for either iPhone or Android devices. Facebook platform and scaling experience is a huge plus.
This candidate will be addressing critical issues on some of our biggest game titles, which have several million users across multiple social networks. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
* Minimum: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Experience developing and maintaining mobile gaming applications
* iPhone SDK experience
* Extensive knowledge of Objective-C and Cocoa OR Java
* Open GL a plus
* 3+ years software development experience
* Passion for software development and OO Design
* Familiarity with all of the following: Linux, Apache, MySQL
* Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
* Experience with version control systems such as Subversion or CVS a must
Nice to Have:
* Strong Facebook and/or MySpace platform experience
* Comfortable working with huge data sets and massively high concurrent-user load
* Experience with memchache a plus
* Experience with sharding and/or sharded databases a plus
Let me know if you’re interested !
Zynga is one of top startups those days in San Francisco. And they need to improve on mobile, I don’t think they reached to POS (point of success) on smartphones yet.
Mobile is really specific, and gamers don’t need the same experience than with a traditional web experience:
– they’re in a mobile situation, they want mobile specifications (something short, simple and necessarily different),
– mobile is a magic device, they want something magic, I mean additional. Use pictures for something extra, well put a Team in front of a white board and just fill in post-its!
– connection on casual gaming with geo-locations for example could create a real interest and engagement…
Tags: geocentric, job, where20
add a comment
I have been attending to a great Conference from O’Reilly Team Where2.0 in Santa Clara, and I have a lot of content to work on, which I will publish next week on ServicesMobiles.fr, main French website dedicated to the mobile Industry.
Netflix is recruiting a Senior iPhone and iPad Developer April 20, 2011Posted by Phil Jeudy in iPhone, Jobs, Silicon Valley, Web.
Tags: ipad, IPhone, job, netflix
add a comment
Netflix is looking for a very senior iOS engineer who is excited to work on one of the top 10 free apps in the App Store. You will be part of an amazing team of engineers and immersed in an environment that is fast paced, dynamic, challenging, and very fulfilling.
More on the position here.
A Bit Lucky is recruiting a Product Manager April 19, 2011Posted by Phil Jeudy in Gaming, Jobs.
Tags: a bit lucky, Facebook, gaming, job, online gaming, product manager
add a comment
No, it’s not a joke. A Bit Lucky is a Company. The new generation of transplatform online social gaming.
Zynga has inspired many guys in gaming area, and Frederic Descamps is one of them. Yes, French people are good in gaming Business.
Although he has a Stanford diploma, Frederic had a French education. Infogrammes yesterday, Ubisoft today, Gameloft in mobile gaming, French touch is not a legend, it’s a fact.
So A Bit Lucky is recruiting a product manager to lead the Product Management and Analytics Team. As the founding member of our Product Management function, your position will be highly visible and vital to the company’s success. You will work in a central role between the Development and the Publishing Teams to manage P&L across all our games. Your main responsibility will be to improve and maximize the key performance indicators of our games, including virality, on-boarding, retention, conversion and monetization. You will be responsible for defining a detailed product and features roadmap to achieve higher performance for user management and revenues. A great part of the job entails working directly with our game designers at prototyping, content design and feature development with a metrics-driven mentality. Your work will be seen across all of Facebook, other social networks and mobile platforms. Relocation is available for exceptional candidates. Principals only, please.
Good luck Fred.
Tags: answers.com, community manager, job, New York
add a comment
Answers.com is an advertising-supported Q&A and reference site aiming to be the internet’s “one stop shop” for information.
Answers.com is looking for a Community Relations Coordinator to join our growing Community Development team in our NY office. This is a genuine online community management position and not a social media or marketing position. Candidate will report to our Director of Community Development.
* Engage Answers.com visitors and help them integrate into our growing Q&A community.
* Foster relationships with and between potential members and influencers, in the Answers.com community.
* Be point of contact to coordinate Answers.com community related events and communications both online and offline (meetups, newsletter, blogs and community forums).
* Engage with topic experts and respected community members to help people find the Answers to their questions.
* Assist in mediating disputes between community members.
* 2+ years of hands-on online community management in multiple communities
* Proven communication and conflict mediation skills
* Outstanding community and publicly oriented writing skills
* Proven success of working with diverse cultures and people across multiple time zones.
* Leader with the ability to influence others
* Deep understanding of community oriented social web sites, apps, multiplayer games, etc.
* Fast learner, attention to detail, good team player.
* Independent, self motivated with the ability to see projects to a timely completion.
* Ability to work full time in our New York office.
* URLs to samples of your online community work showing your written conversational skill (blog posts and comments, forum discussions, or newsletters).
* Links to both professional and personal profiles of other online communities.
* Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mechanical Butterfly Studios is hiring a Lead Engineer April 1, 2011Posted by Phil Jeudy in Gaming, Jobs.
Tags: gaming, job, Silicon Valley
add a comment
Mechanical Butterfly Studios is an independent game development studio located in San Francisco. A company is only as good as their technical ability allows it to be. Great tools, solid, clean code and efficient and stable development processes allow teams to excel when it comes to creating compelling games.
MBS is looking for a wizard of an engineer to be part of the founding team. A person that can handle and feels comfortable with overall game architecture, pipeline creation, tool development, graphics, optimization and gameplay code. A self-starter that is disciplined, easy going and fun to work with, and can adapt to the challenges inherit to a start-up.
As a founding member of the company, this is more than just a job. If you are looking for a steady pay check and nothing else, this is not the right position for you. This is a position for someone with vision and courage to create their own path and to help shoulder the risk and burden it takes to create a studio. We have all worked for companies that started out small and modest and grew into noteworthy studios. To get there, their founders required faith, hard work and perseverance. If that has been a dream of yours and your of the spirit and mind to do it, then please get in contact with us now.
Tags: albin serviant, Facebook, gaming, job, Music, mxp4
add a comment
Paris, FR or London, UK
MXP4, a leading developer of social music games on Facebook, is looking for a highly passionate and experienced Community Manager, fluent in both English and French, to be responsible of the relationship with our user community.
You will work with the game teams to communicate new features and events to the community, talk with the community to give their feedback to our game team, handle and build our customer support function and work with marketing to plan and coordinate marketing campaigns. More here.
I know MXP4 since the beginning, and I know the current CEO Albin Serviant very well.
If you think you have the right profile, don’t hesitate one sec. Working with Albin on this project might be a very good idea. Success is for soon I think. My great hope for the Team.
VP Sales and Marketing, North America for a French startup March 12, 2011Posted by Phil Jeudy in Jobs, Silicon Valley.
Tags: France, job, mobile, mobiles republic, startup
add a comment
Mobiles Republic is an innovative company providing a mobile widget engine solution, mXplora™, that transforms the mobile phone into a true mobile media platform. By bringing together an advertising-based eco-system and a mobile-dedicated publishing strategy, mXplora™ delivers a unique mobile media experience on even low and mid-tier phones. Founded in 2008 and based in Bordeaux, France, Mobiles Republic is already supported by major publishers, brands and manufacturers and is a winner of the 2008 Sony Ericsson Content Awards. I know Gilles Raymond, company CEO, for a while now. I wish the best for this company to find the right guy to support them in the US, not an easy thing to do… and Gilles knows!
Picture of Gilles Raymond with French Minister while CEO of In-Fusio
Photo credit: Stephane de Luca
Maybe it’s you?!
Primary responsibility : North American Strategy, Management and P&L Contributor Based on strong online marketing experience and management expertise in the wireless industry in general and specifically within the area of mobile media and advertising:
- Directly contributing to Mobiles’Republic corporate strategy
- Involved in all key decisions, you are participating in the company’s financial projections, budget follow up, project financial models, Board presentations, etc.
- Taking responsibility and actions to guarantee respect of budget guidelines
- Recruitment and management of North American staff, set-up of US office
Still interested. Go there.
WEB DEVELOPER, this is a job for you, by LeBootCamp March 10, 2011Posted by Phil Jeudy in Jobs.
Tags: developer, job, lebootcamp
add a comment
LeBootCamp is seeking a motivated, hands-on and talented Web/Interactive Developer to join our growing engineering team.
You must have an eye for detail and strong programming skills. Among your main tasks will be to implement our new site layout/design and develop interactive and web solutions as well as designing and developing websites and slicing/coding in HTML and CSS. Ability to manage workload and meet project parameters of scope, schedule and budget.
· Server-side knowledge is a top requirement (PHP, SQL/MySQL, ZendD Framework)
. Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Mainly Illustrator, Photoshop)
· Strong ability to execute all aspects of Web/Interactive project (project management, design, implementation, and troubleshooting.)
· Working knowledge of Web 2.0, social media, SEO/SEM and browser issues/compatibility issues
Position starts as a 2 month+ contract and can be extended to a full-time position based on the quality of the deliverables.
Location: Silicon Valley is a plus. Tele-commuting is possible.
Send resume with relevant experience to email@example.com
Ingénieur Conception et Développement WEB Expert PHP/MySQL (H/F)
Rattaché à la Responsable Développement, vous devrez :
* Concevoir et développer les fonctionnalités des sites LeBootCamp ainsi que les applicatifs back-office,
* Proposer la mise en œuvre de solutions techniques et innovantes,
* Développer les modules PHP des fonctionnalités de coaching,
* Contribuer aux benchmarks de performance.
De formation universitaire ou d’école d’ingénieur (Bac + 3 minimum) avec 3 à 5 ans d’expérience dans le développement Web. Vous maîtrisez parfaitement le langage PHP 5.
Vous connaissez le framework de développement Zend.
Inspiré(e) par les changements actuels de l’Internet et sensible aux problématiques de performance, vous recherchez aujourd’hui des responsabilités au sein d’une structure vous permettant d’y exprimer tout votre potentiel.
Dynamisme, polyvalence, rigueur, méthodologie et souci du détail, capacités relationnelles et rédactionnelles, et autonomie sont les clés pour réussir dans un contexte international.
L’anglais est indispensable pour communiquer avec des équipes distribuées sur plusieurs pays à travers plusieurs fuseaux horaires.
Vous êtes au fait des dernières techniques liées aux réseaux sociaux et à leur développement.
Si votre profil est plus débutant mais que la motivation est au rendez-vous, ce poste peut aussi être adapté à un stagiaire TRÈS MOTIVÉ avec de l’ambition et sachant coder avec génie.
Envoyer CV et brève lettre de motivation à firstname.lastname@example.org
PS: Forza Corsica