Videogame: Conference not to miss in Paris June 5th! June 1, 2008Posted by Phil Jeudy in Fun, Gaming.
Tags: Games, Nintendo, Nintendo DS, Video game, Video Games
add a comment
I’ll miss this coming Thursday a (potentially) very interesting conference dedicated to videogame in Paris, at “La Cité des Sciences”, June 5th: “Jeux vidéos : création et recherche”.
Not exactly the speakers, but the topics reflects to me some keys of this art:
-Creation (Stephane Bole here, Nintendo is on the place!)
-Research (Nicolas Gaume here, always there when it’s about videogame)
-Body (Wii games, avatars…)
I haven’t been much involved in creation but from what I saw in my recent experience on videogame was the lack of emotion in creation, promotion.
Videogame is (to me) absolutely linked to this basic point, and I fully agree about what I’ve heard once from Sylvain Huet, formet Cryo guy now working at Musinaut: he mentioned that as a key element. And he knows what he’s talking about!
Maybe there are to much videogame companies quoted in stock exchange, and now there are only rooms for licence as a mass market product. Very funny when you know that beside 10 games produced by a publisher, only one or two will be successful and reach break even. Out of all succesful casual games distributed on Nintendo DS for example, very cheap but sold well!
Well that’s just a dream, because creating, developing, promoting is game means a massive amount of money. And look the story of Infogrammes…
Guys, just give us more emotion!
- Video games based on food heating up the industry [via Zemanta]
- Nintendo’s New Wii Fit Makes Fitness Fun [via Zemanta]
- Wii Nintendo Channel Hits Europe Tomorrow [Marketing] [via Zemanta]
- Wii raises earnings at Nintendo [via Zemanta]
Sonic downloads on mobile phones reach 8 Mio! May 31, 2008Posted by Phil Jeudy in Gaming.
Tags: Games, Kids and Teens, Platform, Sega, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog Games, Video Games
1 comment so far
“Sega has now sold over 8 million units of Sonic the Hedgehog on mobile in Europe and the US” says ME.
For many reasons:
– SEGA is known by everybody, eveywhere
– The brand is considered very positively… I always got smiles from people I met during more than 2 years
– The same for Sonic: well known and loved by young and older!
– Game concept: many of SEGA games are adapted to mobile handsets… Like Sonic, ChuChuRockets, Alex Kid and many others… Sometimes you just need one thumb and that’s it! Don’t ask for more to someone who wanna play 5 minutes on his phone.
– SEGA has developed in Japan a HUDGE business, with a river of games… Once well co-ordinated, in Europe for sure and in America, SEGA could be one of the unique competitor face to EA, which has to me the biggest potential to be the n°1 without any discussion, as well as on PC and console.
- Sonic the Hedgehog mobile surpasses 8 million downloads [via Zemanta]
Bonuses: other pics on FlickR stream (WordPress once again is still @#,!^$…)