AOL is recruiting SW Engineer – Mobile October 16, 2011Posted by Phil Jeudy in Jobs.
Tags: aol, jobs
This is the pitch: “Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission: to inform, entertain and connect the world.”
They are looking to hire for their mobile group.
• You love the web
• You’ve built and shipped high-quality web applications
• You have great taste when it comes to what works and what doesn’t on the web
• You know what it takes to ship and appreciate the importance of ‘time to market’.
• You’re a people person who enjoys the team sport of building software
• You write code with the end user in mind, and appreciate how getting the details right leads to a great user experience
• You are smart, and get things done
• Create compelling web applications for AOL Mail on the desktop and/or mobile platform
• Distill product requirements into design and technical specifications.
• Work independently and effectively in a cross-functional, diverse environment
• Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
• Provide leadership and mentorship to junior programmers
• Helping to continually improve our processes and tools
• B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
• Experience or familiarity with C#/Java
• Solid understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques
• An understanding of the challenges involved in building and scaling large and popular web applications
• Proven ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies
• Experience working in an agile software development environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
If interested or would like more information please contact me, I will give all details.