Answers.com is seeking an experienced Community Manager (NYC) April 16, 2011Posted by Phil Jeudy in Jobs.
Tags: answers.com, community manager, job, New York
Answers.com is an advertising-supported Q&A and reference site aiming to be the internet’s “one stop shop” for information.
Answers.com is looking for a Community Relations Coordinator to join our growing Community Development team in our NY office. This is a genuine online community management position and not a social media or marketing position. Candidate will report to our Director of Community Development.
* Engage Answers.com visitors and help them integrate into our growing Q&A community.
* Foster relationships with and between potential members and influencers, in the Answers.com community.
* Be point of contact to coordinate Answers.com community related events and communications both online and offline (meetups, newsletter, blogs and community forums).
* Engage with topic experts and respected community members to help people find the Answers to their questions.
* Assist in mediating disputes between community members.
* 2+ years of hands-on online community management in multiple communities
* Proven communication and conflict mediation skills
* Outstanding community and publicly oriented writing skills
* Proven success of working with diverse cultures and people across multiple time zones.
* Leader with the ability to influence others
* Deep understanding of community oriented social web sites, apps, multiplayer games, etc.
* Fast learner, attention to detail, good team player.
* Independent, self motivated with the ability to see projects to a timely completion.
* Ability to work full time in our New York office.
* URLs to samples of your online community work showing your written conversational skill (blog posts and comments, forum discussions, or newsletters).
* Links to both professional and personal profiles of other online communities.
* Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.